Greetings! This is Philip Lester, principal and creative director of Dreamten. We’re a small, passionate product design studio committed to creating products of extraordinary quality. Since opening shop in 2005, we’ve worked with a variety of super interesting clients including Fortune 500 companies and funded startups. We’re a small team that’s growing quickly and in need of some help.
You’ll be working alongside a small, incredibly talented remote team and will be responsible for designing trend setting, awe-inspiring, pixel perfect interfaces for web applications, websites, and other fun projects, both client and internal. You can work from anywhere, even in your pajamas if you’d like, but need to be able to devote roughly 40 hours and be reachable during normal business hours (we are in downtown Durham, NC). If you’re local to Raleigh/Durham, that’s a huge plus. If all goes well after an initial trial period, we’ll ramp you up into full time employment. We offer excellent, above average compensation and benefits.
You live and breathe design and annoy your non designer friends by pointing out typefaces in public. You love working through complex UI/UX problems, and are always looking to one up your best previous work.
- You have a solid portfolio of related experience. Unfortunately if you don’t have a portfolio you will not be considered.
- You pay attention to detail and are passionate about your work.
- You feel right at home with Sketch, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- You have a great sense of typography, grids, and clean interfaces.
- You can manage your own workload and have experience working directly with clients and/or developers.
- HTML/CSS knowledge, though you primarily will be designing, not developing.
- You can teach us a thing or two.
- Great attitude and no big ego.
- You are comfortable with deadlines and are a doer.
- Branding and illustration experience a huge plus.
HOW TO APPLY
If the above sounds like a good fit for you and you’d like to apply, fill out the form below and we’ll get back to you: